Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Diana

Last night my aunt Ana and I spoke for a long time about my aunt Diana. I’ve been thinking of her a lot since then. Been writing this on and off since last night; not sure how to define it because I don’t know the rules for poems or songs and I’m sure this doesn’t follow any particular rhythm. It feels right, though.


Maybe God decided she needed to rest.
Maybe she had fulfilled her purpose here.
All I know is that her memory lives on
And inspires us all to be better.


To be more kind, to show our love,
To work hard, to smile no matter what.
Her kindness still lives with us,
God, help us not forget.


Thank you for this angel you sent,
We were the chosen ones to witness:


The passion in her heart,
The strength of her will.
Right up until the end,
Diana's love knew no limits.


Now, nearly four years since she left,
Dear God, we pray that we never forget.


The passion in her heart,
The strength of her will.
God, in your infinite Glory I pray
Watch over her daughters,
Help them feel their mother’s love.


Even though we miss her so,
You must’ve needed her with you.
Forever and for always, God,
Thy Will be done.


Thank you, for this angel you sent.
Thank you, for letting her rest.


She was so beautiful. I particularly love this picture of her. She didn’t even have to do much to look this way; this picture is unposed, she's not aware the camera's there and yet she is gorgeous. I miss her... sometimes so much that it becomes just a little hard to breathe...

1 comment: