Monday, May 30, 2011

An Ever-Changing Palette

So now that Sam's grandparents are coming to visit us next weekend, I have found the perfect excuse to change the paint color in our bathroom. YES I remember I just painted it just last Spring! Back then I made the mistake of not buying a pint sample to test the color (Sherwin Williams' Backdrop), and though I liked it okay during the day, at night it made the bathroom look like a dungeon. I couldn't stand thinking that Sam's grandparents would see this color, so a couple of weeks ago I embarked on a "find a new color" journey. After seeing several samples I decided to go with SW's Notable Hue! (Then changed it five minutes before buying the paint to Meditative. I KNOW.)

Since I don't have much time I decided to be brave/dumb and NOT tape anything up, and instead trust in my ability to paint straight around base and crown moulding. (I KNOW). Not only am I almost done after only a few hours' worth of work, but the color looks BEAUTIFUL!
Score! :)


So long, Backdrop!



Helloooo Meditative :)

I've promised Sam this is the last time I'd change the color in this bathroom, so I'm GLAD it turned out good. Sam has GOT to win the award for most patient husband, ever :O

1 comment: