Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year! Feliz Ano Nuevo! :D

And so 2010 begins :) What a great blessing it is to be alive!

I almost forgot about one of my very favorite Christmas time traditions: I listened to one of my aunt Diana's all-time favorite Christmas songs, and the tears just started flowing like there's no tomorrow! It absolutely amazes me how music can instantly transport you to a completely different time in your life, and suddenly you can see the world the way it was 10, 15 years ago. And you remember it all: every detail, every color, every sound.. when I listened to this song, I saw Diana with a big smile on her face, dancing and singing happily to this song. It makes me realize how much I painfully crave getting in touch with Venezuela again. I need to feel it again, to feel that fire that's so deeply ingrained in our culture. And I need Sam to see it, too. I so badly want to show him that piece of the puzzle, the land that helped shape me and where I lived for over half of my life.

So, I guess this was my first rambling posting for 2010, whoop! ;)

Happy New Year everybody! God bless us all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment